Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Hired Auto Insurance Would My Own Auto Insurance Cover Me To Transport Disabled People On The Job? I Would Be Being PAID.?

Would my own auto insurance cover me to transport disabled people on the job? I would be being PAID.? - hired auto insurance

I was told that this is not covered because it is considered "transportation for hire." A company that wants to work for me have my own personal automobile insurance for liability, but my insurance co. Said that all accidents and injuries are not covered because they pay me, and that makes me as a taxi service. It is a common practice in the Home Care Agency. Can someone clarify the situation?

5 comments:

Sheri G said...

You need to purchase additional insurance, either as an add-on to your insurance company or independent course with another company. Phone around and prices.

Spock (rhp) said...

regular auto insurance does not cover. And given the nature of potential customers, you need more than ordinary politics.

If it were me, I need the Agency to provide coverage under their group, or will not work. Certainly not an expert in special delivery methods, which are necessary for people with unusual medical problems.

Hutchings Insurance said...

Your personal car insurance does not cover it but would like the employer in case of an accident. Weird but true.

Auto business to cover the employer if the written law, especially if you are employed. If you are an employee in 1099 (freelance), entrepreneur, then you have your own car for business.

mbrcatz said...

True. A policy of automobile insurance would not protect you, your car, or people in your car when you get paid for the transportation of people.

They want to be sure.

This company is dishonest. They will not apply to you, and do not say who you are not covered. Basically they are trying to shift responsibility on you.

Not worth the work.

Oakley S said...

tea6tina, home insurance is actually very flexible. I do not know myself with all the details of the policy, my owner, but my insurance agent of the owners is always useful. Try calling your broker or agent in your area. http://www.easyhomeinsuranceguide.com should help in the situation.

Post a Comment